Six-year veteran Deuce Lutui, a backup last season with the Arizona Cardinals, had a workout with the 49ers on Monday, a league source told CSNBayArea.com.
The 49ers are in the market to add a veteran guard to a minimum-level type of contract. Lutui's visit was first reported by scout.com. Two weeks ago, the 49ers visited with veteran free-agent guard Leonard Davis, who recently underwent arthroscopic foot surgery and is expected to be cleared in two months.Daniel Kilgore is penciled in to start for the 49ers at right guard after the departure of Adam Snyder, who signed a 5-year, 17.5 million contract with the Cardinals.The 49ers will look to add competition for Kilgore through free-agency andor the draft.Lutui, a second-round pick of the Cardinals in 2006, has appeared in 93 games with 72 career starts. In July, Lutui (listed at 6-foot-4, 338 pounds) signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a free agent but did not pass the physical, reportedly showing up overweight. The Cardinals re-signed Lutui, who spent last season backing up right guard Rex Hadnot.
The San Francisco 49ers agreed to a four-year, $16 million deal with defensive tackle Earl Mitchell on Friday, CSNBayArea.com has learned.
Mitchell, 29, will earn $5.5 million in his first year with the 49ers.
The seven-year veteran played in nine games last season for the Dolphins. He recorded 17 total tackles.
Since entering the league in 2010 as a third-round draft pick with the Texans, Mitchell has appeared in 100 games between Houston and Miami, totaling 206 tackles. He has also recorded 5.5 sacks.
The San Francisco 49ers have a total of 10 picks in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Here is where they will be on the clock in each round:
49ERS 2017 DRAFT PICKS
1. First round: No. 2 overall
2. Second round: No. 34 overall
3. Third round: No. 66 overall
4. Fourth round: No. 109 overall
5. Fourth round: No. 143 overall (compensatory)
6. Fifth round: No. 146 overall
7. Fifth round: No. 161 (pick acquired from Washington in 2015 trade for TE Derek Carrier)
8. Sixth round: No. 186 overall
9. Sixth round: No. 202 overall (pick acquired from Denver in 2015 trade for TE Vernon Davis)
10. Seventh round: No. 219 overall (pick acquired from Cleveland in 2015 trade for Andy Lee)