SANTA CLARA -- Wide receiver Mario Manningham, who missed Sunday's game with a right shoulder injury, was not on the practice field Wednesday as the 49ers opened preparations to face the New England Patriots.
Manningham's status for Sunday's game is in question. Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss both played more than half of the 49ers' snaps against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday with Manningham out. Rookie A.J. Jenkins saw his first NFL action, taking part in eight offensive snaps.
Outside linebacker Aldon Smith, fullback Bruce Miller and special-teamer Tavares Gooden each wore black jerseys at practice Wednesday, indicating that they were off-limits for contact. Each is expected to play against the Patriots.
The San Francisco 49ers agreed to a four-year, $16 million deal with defensive tackle Earl Mitchell on Friday, CSNBayArea.com has learned.
Mitchell, 29, will earn $5.5 million in his first year with the 49ers.
The seven-year veteran played in nine games last season for the Dolphins. He recorded 17 total tackles.
Since entering the league in 2010 as a third-round draft pick with the Texans, Mitchell has appeared in 100 games between Houston and Miami, totaling 206 tackles. He has also recorded 5.5 sacks.
The San Francisco 49ers have a total of 10 picks in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Here is where they will be on the clock in each round:
49ERS 2017 DRAFT PICKS
1. First round: No. 2 overall
2. Second round: No. 34 overall
3. Third round: No. 66 overall
4. Fourth round: No. 109 overall
5. Fourth round: No. 143 overall (compensatory)
6. Fifth round: No. 146 overall
7. Fifth round: No. 161 (pick acquired from Washington in 2015 trade for TE Derek Carrier)
8. Sixth round: No. 186 overall
9. Sixth round: No. 202 overall (pick acquired from Denver in 2015 trade for TE Vernon Davis)
10. Seventh round: No. 219 overall (pick acquired from Cleveland in 2015 trade for Andy Lee)