The 49ers are scheduled to have three picks Friday, beginning with the second pick of the second round. They wiped out their most pressing need Thursday by moving up to No. 18 overall to select LSU safety Eric Reid.
It is possible the 49ers can trade back from the No. 34 overall pick, as teams could be lining up to select a quarterback at the start of the second round.
[RELATED: NFL Draft central]
Here is a look at the 49ers' needs and the top remaining choices at those positions:
Delanie Walker, who played nearly 60 percent of the team's offensive snaps a year ago, left via free agency. Garrett Celek and Cameron Morrah are the only tight ends behind Vernon Davis on the roster.
Zach Ertz, Stanford
The 49ers still need players for the front seven who can rotate onto the field to give much-needed rest to the pass-rushers who play virtually every snap -- Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks.
Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, Florida State
Margus Hunt, SMU
Kawann Short, Purdue
Jesse Williams, Alabama
Sam Montgomery, LSU
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
John Jenkins, Georgia
Three of their potential top five receivers enter the final years of their contracts. It's uncertain whether Michael Crabtree will be around past the scheduled 2014 expiration of his contract. And the 49ers really don't know if last year's No. 1 pick, A.J. Jenkins, will emerge.
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Keenan Allen, Cal
Robert Woods, USC
The 49ers got help for the secondary with the addition of Reid. They could use a bigger, more-physical corner. Also, starter Tarell Brown enters the final year of his contract, and Carlos Rogers must have a good season to warrant the salary increase he's scheduled to receive in 2013.
Jamar Taylor, Boise State
Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut
Darius Slay, Mississippi State
49ERS 2013 DRAFT PICKS
1. First round, No. 18 (No. 18 overall): Safety Eric Reid, LSU
2. Second round, No. 2 (No. 34 overall): From Kansas City for Alex Smith
3. Second round, No. 31 (No. 61 overall): Own pick
5. Third round, No 31 (No. 93 overall): Own pick
6. Fourth round, No. 31 (No. 128 overall): Own pick
7. Fourth round, No. 34 (No. 131 overall): Compensatory
8. Fifth round, No. 24 (No. 157 overall): From Indianapolis in trade during 2012 draft
9. Sixth round, No. 5 (No. 173 overall): From Cleveland in Colt McCoy trade
10. Sixth round, No. 12 (No. 180 overall): From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft
11. Seventh round, No. 31 (No. 237 overall): Own pick
12. Seventh round, No. 40 (No. 246 overall): Compensatory
13. Seventh round, No. 46 (No. 252 overall): Compensatory
NOTE: Compensatory picks cannot be traded.