Comcast SportsNet All-Star Teacher Contest
NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGING NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID OUTSIDE CA AND NV AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Comcast SportsNet All-Star Teacher Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to legal residents of California and Nevada, 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The following persons are not eligible to enter, vote or win: employees of SportsChannel Pacific Associates and Provident Credit Union (collectively, “Sponsor”) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the households, whether or not related, of each of the above. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will commence on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 upon posting of the nomination form on www.csnbayarea.com and end on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”). To enter, follow the directions provided to print the online nomination form (the “Nomination”) available at www.csnbayarea.com, fill out the Nomination completely and either (i) scan the completed Nomination, attach it to an email, and send to email@example.com or (ii) mail the completed Nomination to: Comcast SportsNet All-Star Teacher Contest, 360 Third Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94107. Only Junior High School or High School teachers may be nominated. All Nominations must be in English and must answer each of the following four (4) questions in 150 words or less: (1) how does this teacher demonstrate an exemplary commitment to the school, students, parents and community; (2) describe the nominee’s teaching style; (3) illustrate the manner in which the nominee interacts with students in the classroom; and (4) what distinguishes this teacher from others, and why are you selecting this nominee as your All-Star Teacher? The word count includes “a,” “an,” “and” and “the.” Only single authored Nominations will be accepted (co-authored Nominations will be disqualified). LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON/PER EMAIL ADDRESS, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. For email entries, you must supply a valid email address to participate. If the email address supplied is not valid, your entry will be void. If an entrant uses the same, different or multiple email addresses to obtain more than one (1) entry, all such entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries generated by any other means which subvert the entry process will be void.
3. FINALIST SELECTION: To be eligible for the finalist selection, email Nominations must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. PT on Monday, February 11, 2013, and mail-in Nominations must be postmarked by February 11, 2013 and received no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on Tuesday, February 19, 2013. Five (5) teachers (each, a “finalist”) will be selected from among all eligible Nominations received by an independent panel of judges (“Judges”) based on the Judging Criteria (as defined below). Each potential finalist will be notified via email and/or telephone by Monday, February 25, 2013. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the selection. All potential finalists are subject to verification and may be required to execute a Consent, Assignment and Release Agreement and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. If required to execute such releases, each potential finalist must return such releases within seven (7) days of issuance. If (i) potential finalist declines to participate in the Contest or (ii) potential finalist fails to return any required documents within the timeframe stated, it will result in the disqualification of such potential finalist and an alternate potential finalist may be selected provided sufficient time remains prior to the scheduled Final Judging Period (as defined below).
4. JUDGING: Judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”) is as follows: Overall Commitment (25%), Excellence in Teaching (25%), Rapport with Students (25%) and Level of Distinction (25%). In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based on the highest score in the first Judging Criteria (Overall Commitment), continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order (Excellence in Teaching, Rapport with Students, and Level of Distinction, respectively), as needed to break the tie. Entrants and potential finalists agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions are final and binding
5. FINAL JUDGING: The five (5) finalists will be displayed at http://www.csnbayarea.com from 9:00:00 a.m. PT on April 15, 2013 through 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 2, 2013 (the “Final Judging Period”). During the Final Judging Period, the general public will have the opportunity to view and vote on their favorite finalist. There are two ways to vote: (i) send a text message, including the teacher’s last name to the short code 82653 on your text message capable phone or (ii) follow the directions provided to complete the online voting form at http://www.csnbayarea.com and submit electronically. The text message method of voting is designed to work with most of the major wireless carriers in the United States, but Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Entrants should check their phone’s features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message, that is sent and received in connection with the sweepstakes. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Limit TWO (2) VOTES per person (ONE ENTRY PER EACH ENTRY METHOD). Any attempt by an individual to vote more than once per entry method, through any means, including but not limited to the use of multiple emails or text messages, will result in the disqualification of all votes by that individual. At the conclusion of the Final Judging Period, the finalist with the highest number of votes will be declared the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about June 5, 2013, and must sign and return any additional releases which may be required by Sponsor within seven (7) days of issuance. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if the Grand Prize winner cannot be verified, or if the Grand Prize winner’s school/school district is unable to accept the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner status will be forfeited and may be awarded to the finalist who received the next highest number of votes.
6. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE(S): One (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize winner will receive a Twenty Thousand Dollar ($20,000) award to the school/school district where he/she is employed (Approximate Retail Value: $20,000). Five (5) Finalist Prizes: Finalist Prize winners each will receive ten (10) tickets to a San Francisco Giants home game (exact game to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (Approximate Retail Value of each Finalist Prize: $250). Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: $21,250. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater retail value, at its sole discretion. All costs and expenses not stated herein as being provided in connection with the redemption, receipt and/or use of the Finalist Prize are the responsibility of each winner, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, accommodations and meals, and all federal, state and local taxes. All costs and expenses not stated herein as being provided in connection with the redemption, receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize are the responsibility of the school/school district to whom the Grand Prize is awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No extension of event dates will be granted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants may not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any Nomination: (i) references to pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit references; (ii) explicit language, discriminating language, or promotion of illegal activities; (iii) libelous, defamatory, disparaging or slanderous remarks; or (iv) remarks that denigrate, disparage or reflect negatively on Sponsor, its owners and employees. Any Nomination that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address or wireless telephone number submitted at the time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning (i) wireless telephone numbers for the telephone exchange or (ii) email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible, undelivered or garbled entries or email; or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections, including Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web-server, network, cable, server, satellite, phone-line connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions, computer or telephone, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, or garbled or jumbled transmissions; or due to lost, late, stolen, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, postage due or misdirected mail or entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, the cancellation or postponement of any game, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation or play of the Contest, and, in the event of termination, select the finalists and/or Grand Prize winner from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken. All entries and any copyrights therein become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Finalist Prize winners and the Grand Prize winner (available after June 30, 2013), send a self-addressed envelope to: Comcast SportsNet All-Star Teacher Contest, 360 Third Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94107 to be received prior to August 31, 2013.
10. PUBLICITY: Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of entering the Contest, if legally permissible, Sponsor and its designees have the right to use entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, city and state of residence, submissions (including, without limitation, the entrant’s Nomination) and prize information for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, authorization, remuneration or notification.
11. TAXES: All applicable local, state and federal taxes on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the school/school district which is awarded the Grand Prize. All applicable local, state and federal taxes on the Finalist Prize are the sole responsibility of each finalist.
12. LIABILITY: Each entrant, by entering the Contest, agrees that Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective agents, employees, directors and officers (collectively, “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for and shall be held harmless by entrants, against, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property incurred in connection with or resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or participating in this Contest
13. The decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors.
14. SPONSOR: SportsChannel Pacific Associates d/b/a Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, 360 Third Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94107; Provident Credit Union, 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood Shores, CA 94065.