Former Raider sued after allegedly 'terrorizing' family

Former Raider sued after allegedly 'terrorizing' family
March 19, 2013, 9:15 am
Share This Post

Desmond Bryant has apologized for the South Florida incident but still faces a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge.

A Florida family is suing former Raiders defensive tackle and current Cleveland Brown Desmond Bryant, accusing him of showing up drunk at their home, banging on the front door and ripping off a door handle.

[REWIND: Desmond Bryant arrested on charge of criminal mischief]

The lawsuit seeking unspecified damages was filed Monday in circuit court by attorney Robert Fiore. He represents Isaac and Iris Baker, who Fiore says were terrorized along with their three children when Bryant showed up outside their house at 5:30 a.m. Feb. 24.

The lawsuit says the 6-foot-6, 311-pound Bryant tried to yank open the door while the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Isaac Baker struggled to stop him.

Bryant played in Oakland for four seasons before signing with the Browns last week. An undrafted free agent out of Harvard in 2009, Bryant tied for the Raiders' team lead in sacks with four last season.

[RELATED: Desmond Bryant agrees with Cleveland Browns]

He agreed to a five-year, $34-million contract with Cleveland on March 12.  

Bryant has apologized for the South Florida incident but still faces a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge.

Representatives for Bryant could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Associated Press contributed to this report