Programming note: For all the day’s sports news, tune in to SportsNet Central tonight and every night at 6, 10:30 p.m. and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
None of the San Jose Sharks took home any of the major awards on Tuesday night in Las Vegas, but several received votes for their accomplishments during the 2013-14 season.
- Joe Pavelski, the NHL’s third-leading goal-scorer with 41, finished in seventh place for the Hart Trophy as the league’s most valuable player. Pavelski was named as a second team NHL All-Star at left wing behind Dallas’ Jamie Benn.
- Pavelski also finished in eighth place for the Selke Trophy as the league’s best defensive forward.
- Marc-Edourard Vlasic finished in 12th place for the Norris Trophy as the NHL’s best defenseman for his strong season as the Sharks’ best blueliner.
- The only finalist for a major award was Patrick Marleau, who was up for the Lady Byng Trophy as the NHL’s most gentlemanly player. Marleau finished in third place.
- Despite missing half of the regular season with a knee injury, Tomas Hertl received some votes for the Calder Trophy as the league’s top rookie. Hertl finished in 14th place with a pair of votes.
- Sharks coach Todd McLellan finished in 11th place for the Jack Adams Award, tied with the since fired Dan Bylsma of Pittsburgh, as the NHL’s top head coach.
NHL Award winners:
Hart Trophy: Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh)
Norris Trophy: Duncan Keith (Chicago)
Selke Trophy: Patrice Bergeron (Boston)
Lady Byng Trophy: Ryan O’Reilly (Colorado)
Vezina Trophy: Tuukka Rask (Boston)
Calder Trophy: Nathan MacKinnon (Colorado)
Jack Adams Award: Patrick Roy (Colorado)
GM of the Year: Bob Murray (Anaheim)