Editor’s note: Games 2 and 3 (and 5, 6 and 7 if necessary) of Warriors-Clippers will air on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. Bookmark this page for comprehensive coverage of the Western Conference Quarterfinals series.
NEW YORK -- The Miami Heat’s LeBron James once again tops the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) list of most popular jerseys, where he has reigned as No. 1 since winning his second NBA title. The two-time NBA Finals MVP, who has held the top position six times, is joined by nine players that will compete in the 2014 NBA Playoffs beginning on April 19. The rankings are based on overall retail sales on NBAStore.com since the beginning of the 2013-14 season.
Rounding out the top five are the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant (No. 2), the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (No. 3), the Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose (No. 4) and the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (No. 5).
Since winning back-to-back championships in 2013, the Heat has held the top spot for best-selling team merchandise, followed by the Lakers at No. 2, the Bulls at No. 3, the Thunder at No. 4 and the Knicks at No. 5.
- The San Antonio Spurs’ Tim Duncan (No. 14) makes his return to the list for the first time since 2007.
- Curry continues to climb the list, moving up one spot from his debut position in 2013.
- Durant jumps two spots from the latest list (Dec.) to No. 2, bumping both Bryant and Rose down one position.
This year marks the seventh consecutive season that Adidas has served as the official oncourt uniform and apparel provider of the NBA.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
5. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
6. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. James Harden, Houston Rockets
11. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
12. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
14. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
15. Paul George, Indiana Pacers
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Miami Heat
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. New York Knicks
6. Boston Celtics
7. Brooklyn Nets
8. Golden State Warriors
9. San Antonio Spurs
10. Los Angeles Clippers
Courtesy NBA media services