Warriors

Report: Mavs intend to sign Warriors' Barnes to max offer sheet

barnes-dirk-mavs-2014-ap.jpg

Report: Mavs intend to sign Warriors' Barnes to max offer sheet

While the Warriors await a decision by Kevin Durant, Harrison Barnes reportedly will receive from Dallas an offer sheet he could sign as early Thursday night.

This is something the Warriors expected, and it will not change their plans.

Trying to get past a couple recent free-agent spurns, the Mavericks, according to ESPN, are prepared to hand Barnes a four-year deal just north of $94 million.

The Warriors, knowing full well it could cost them upwards of $22 million per year, have said they intend to match any offer Barnes gets.

They likely will, because retaining Barnes gives them the flexibility to either keep him around or trade him. That makes the most sense, for Barnes is part of their Death Lineup, and he’d be hard to replace by any combo forward still available.

Chandler Parsons apparently has chosen the Grizzlies. Luol Deng apparently is headed for the Lakers. Marvin Williams and Nic Batum have agreed to return to the Hornets. Jared Dudley apparently is headed to the Suns, with Solomon Hill going back to the Pacers.

Of those still without a commitment – as if Saturday night – most are more suited for power forward. There’s Dirk Nowitzki and David West and, well, not much else.

Except, of course, Durant.

If Durant decides to come to the Warriors, no problem. He replaces Barnes and the Warriors get better.

If Durant goes back to Oklahoma City, as is generally anticipated, or elsewhere, the Warriors come back to Barnes. If Durant decides before Thursday, as expected, the Warriors can go to Barnes with an offer before he receives anything from Dallas.

Barnes has said his preference is to stay in Oakland. If Durant decides not to come to the Warriors, it won’t take long to see if he meant what he said.

Report: Warriors sign former Pacers forward

niang-georges-pacers-dribble.jpg
AP

Report: Warriors sign former Pacers forward

The Warriors reportedly added a player on Wednesday morning.

Golden State signed Georges Niang to a partially guaranteed contract, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Warriors already have 15 players with fully guaranteed contracts for next season.

It's possible that Niang ends up signing a two-way contract and spend the majority of the season in Santa Cruz.

Former Oregon big man Chris Boucher inked a two-way deal with the Warriors back in mid-July.

The Pacers selected Niang in the second round (50th overall) of the 2016 draft.

Last year, the power forward appeared in 23 games for Indiana.

He also played in six contests with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants -- averaging 19 points, 7.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists.

The Pacers waived Niang last month.

As a senior at Iowa State, he averaged 20.2 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists, while shooting 39 percent from deep.

Drew Shiller is the co-host of Warriors Outsiders and a Web Producer at NBC Sports Bay Area. Follow him on Twitter @DrewShiller

Steve Nash lashes out against Donald Trump in profanity-filled tweet

nash-steve-face-canada.jpg
USATI

Steve Nash lashes out against Donald Trump in profanity-filled tweet

Donald Trump spoke to the media on Tuesday afternoon about the situation in Charlottesville.

He said the following:

"I think there is blame on both sides. What about the 'alt-left' that came charging at, as you say, the 'alt-right,' do they have any semblance of guilt? What about the fact they came charging with clubs in hands, swinging clubs, do they have any problem? I think they do.

"You had a group on one side that was bad and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say it, but I will say it right now."

Shortly thereafter, Steve Nash tweeted the following:

"To defend white supremacists and then slang his shi**y as* grape juice pretty much sums the man up."

The end.