Two victims of Candlestick violence improving

Two victims of Candlestick violence improving

Aug. 22, 201149ERS PAGE 49ERS VIDEORAIDERS PAGE RAIDERS VIDEO

PROGRAMMING NOTE: Chronicle Live is at Raiders training camp in Napa, where the topics will include Saturday night's violence at Candlestick Park, the drafting of Terrelle Pryor, Jason Campbell's condition and more. Tune in at 5, 9 and 11 p.m on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and 6 p.m. and midnight for Comcast SportsNet California.

CSNBayArea.com staff

Two of the three victims of Saturday night's violent fan outburst at Candlestick Park were upgraded Monday from serious to fair condition, according to San Francisco General Hospital spokesperson Rachael Kagan.

A 26-year-old male from Santa Rosa, the victim of an assault, has been upgraded to "fair." A male, 25, gunshot victim, also has been upgraded to "fair."

A third victim at the 49ers-Raiders exhibition game, a 20-year-old male who was shot in the face, sustained only a superficial wound, according to police.

RATTO: York off the mark suggesting schedule influence violence

The next update will be issued Tuesday morning. The names of the victims have not been released.

The most seriously injured shooting victim was apparently a Raiders fan. He suffered life threatening injuries after someone shot him several times apparently for wearing a shirt that had an obscenity directed at the 49ers.

No arrests have been made, but SFPD said it has detained a person of interest in one of the shootings. In the beating, police are seeking a male suspect described as a Samoan or Pacific Island man between 25 and 30 years of age, with a goatee and long curly hair tied up in a pony tail, weighing up to 260 pounds and standing almost 6-feet-5 inches tall.

Various accounts put the number of large-scale fights Saturday night at three. The two shootings and the assault did not take place in the stands. Both shootings occurred in the parking lot after the game and the assault occurred in a bathroom inside the stadium during the fourth quarter.

The attacks come four-and-a-half months after Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten by two men outside Dodger Stadium, following the season opener on March 31.

49ers assistant GM Gamble leaving organization

49ers assistant GM Gamble leaving organization

The San Francisco 49ers Wednesday announced that Tom Gamble is leaving the organization. 

“The 49ers organization has tremendous respect and appreciation for Tom Gamble and his many years of service,” said General Manager John Lynch. “He is a class act who has helped a great deal in this transition, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him. After working together over the last month, Tom and I agreed that it would be in both of our best interests for him to pursue other opportunities. Tom is a true professional and we wish him and his family great success in the future.”
 
“I must thank Jed, the York family and the entire 49ers organization for the wonderful memories they provided me and my family, but it is time I move on,” said Gamble. “This past month, I have had the pleasure of working alongside John Lynch and the talented staff he has assembled. The team is in capable hands and I wish them nothing but the best.”

Gamble, who recently completed his 29th NFL season and 10th with the 49ers, returned to the team in January of 2015 as the senior personnel executive and was later named assistant general manager on July 25, 2016. He spent the 2013-14 seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles as vice president of player personnel. Gamble originally joined the 49ers in 2005 and spanned eight seasons with San Francisco including two as the director of player personnel (2011-12). He oversaw both the college and pro personnel efforts of the 49ers. As the 49ers director of pro personnel from 2005-10, Gamble monitored every NFL roster with an emphasis on scouting talent of upcoming pro free agents, while also maintaining continuous depth of personnel on the team’s roster.

49ers media services

Lynch, Shanahan hold 'positive' discussion with Kaepernick

Lynch, Shanahan hold 'positive' discussion with Kaepernick

General manager John Lynch confirmed during a radio interview that he and 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan met with quarterback Colin Kaepernick at his office Wednesday morning at the team headquarters in Santa Clara.

“I would characterize it as just a really positive discussion,” Lynch said during an appearance on KNBR, confirming a CSNBayArea.com report the sides met for the first time since Lynch and Shanahan were hired in their new roles.

Lynch said he and Shanahan have committed to being completely honest with Kaepernick, who can opt out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent as early as next week.

Lynch did not divulge the topics of conversation. He said a commitment was also made to Kaepernick to not speak publicly about the specifics of their conversations.

“I do think that there are some things that are sacred,” Lynch said. “We did have a great discussion and I think Colin left excited and we left excited.

“And I think as Kyle and I believe, the evaluation process is still very much fluid. We’ve only been on the job a couple of weeks and I can tell you we both very much enjoyed being around Colin, and he seems like he’s in a real good place.”