Programming note: Coverage of Giants-Padres begins tonight at 6:30 PT on CSN Bay Area with Giants Pregame Live.
Buster Posey, the 2012 National League MVP and batting champion, boasts the No. 1 selling jersey in Major League Baseball, the league announced Thursday morning.
Yankees closer Mariano Rivera and Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina round out the top three.
The list is based on sales of Majestic jerseys from MLB.com/shop since the start of the 2013 regular season.
Young stars dominate the list, as the Top 20 features 18 players age 30 or younger (average age is 27.6) and five – Bryce Harper, Matt Harvey, Manny Machado, Yasiel Puig and Mike Trout – under 24, with only Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera over the age of 30.
Puig made the Top 10 despite not joining the Dodgers until June 3.
Overall, 14 players in the top 20 are All-Stars this year. Players representing 12 different clubs make up the top 20, led by the Dodgers with four players (Puig, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw).
The Top 20
1. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
2. Mariano Rivera, New York Yankees
3. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
4. David Wright, New York Mets
5. Matt Harvey, New York Mets
6. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
7. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
8. Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
9. Mike Trout, LA Angels of Anaheim
10. Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers
11. Hyun-Jin Ryu, Los Angeles Dodgers
12. Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
13. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
14. Matt Kemp, Los Angeles Dodgers
15. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
16. Sergio Romo, San Francisco Giants
17. Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
18. Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers
19. Pablo Sandoval, San Francisco Giants
20. Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers
Courtesy MLB media services.